Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing Something

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Sam Goodsell and I were invited to give a talk during career week for a few classes of 4th and 5th graders at Amber Charter School. I gotta say I was a little nervous at first--10 year olds can be a tough crowd--but as soon as I saw how interested they were it all went away. I had a blast telling them all about how I learned to draw and showing them my materials. I even pulled out my very first drawing that I made for my mom at KinderCare. They asked great questions (better than a lot of my adult students!) and it was beautiful to see their eyes light up at the answers. Thinking back to how impressionable I was at that age, it's amazing to think that I may have made some kind of an impact on them. Who knows if maybe there's an artist in the making in there?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh so cool. You will certainly be remembered. I still remember Guy Davis. He came to sing blues to us when I was in 5th grade, and that is when I started listening to blues. There is a kid buying their first paint set as I write this.

we could grow up 2gether said...

so sweet! awww

Sara Meli said...

great picture.

Post a Comment